Posts Tagged ‘pumpkins’
Last night, under the Harvest Moon, we harvested our first crop … PUMPKINS!
Ok, ok … I know, you must be wondering … her? Grow things? The girl with the black thumb? Yup. I did – accidentally.
How to Grow a Pumpkin the Accidental Jen & Jay Way
1. Take old pumpkin from Halloween and throw it on the compost pile
2. Continue to mow lawn and throw clippings on compost pile
3. Do nothing
4. Go to dump lawn clippings on compost pile in early fall and discover MONSTER plant growing all over the pile
5. Discover baby pumpkins growing
6. Wait 2 months – and HARVEST!!
And from one ol’ pumpkin last year … we grew these three we harvested last night …
And this baby one we harvested a few weeks ago … (the pumpkin … the boy was harvested many many moons ago :p)